Develop teacher knowledge and skills in both Israel content and pedagogy to enable excellence in Israel/Peoplehood instruction. This professional development (PD) occurs ideally within the context of a learning community and integrated with curriculum development.
Professional development can involve many methods, including:
- In-house PD sessions and consultations at the school;
- Communal PD forums and seminars run by the operating agency;
- Community of Practice for Israel educators run by the operating agency;
- PD programs for educators in Israel.
Professional Development was offered in these domains:
- Israel Studies
- Pedagogy, Understanding by Design, and Curriculum Development
- Educational strategies to teach Israel
- Educational technology to aid teaching Israel.