Wednesday, July 20 to Sunday, July 24
Felton, California (Santa Cruz Mountains near SF Bay Area)
Connect to Nature • Build Village • Mentor Youth • Awaken Earth-Based Judaism
For four days in the wilds, take a journey of discovery in nature-connection, renewing earth-based Jewish traditions, and building holistic community through mentoring.
After the training, you can take home Wilderness Torah’s Youth Mentorship Curriculum Toolkit, which supports participants in six interwoven skill areas:
1. Hebrew calendar as nature connection & cultural operating system
2. Jewish values for mentoring youth & connecting to nature
3. Jewish blessings, songs, and prayers for village-building & earth-connection
4. Core routines of nature connection
5. Introduction to primitive skills & nature crafts
6. Challenges & edge experiences that support human growth
All who wish to learn about earth-based Judaism and Wilderness Torah’s nature-mentorship models are welcome to join. This training is great for Jewish institutions looking to expand their nature-based programming; Jewish educators and lay leaders who want to offer this kind of teaching; and those interested in their own education. Registration is now open!
Jewish LearningWorks is a proud provider of consultative support to Wilderness Torah in the creation of this program.