Outdoor games, arts and crafts, hiking, yoga, music & more!
Each year, children with special needs and their siblings, parents, and grandparents enjoy three days of community, creativity, and fun in a Jewish setting at Special Needs Family Camp. Together they participate in Jewish communal and life cycle events and worship services. They attend workshops, relax, find support, and share experiences.
JLW: INCLUDE Family Camp is a magical weekend for all attendees. It gives families the chance to play and recharge while strengthening their ties with Judaism and meeting and bonding with other families who share the same joys and challenges. Siblings and campers challenge themselves and make new friends while engaging in outdoor and indoor activities with the support of trained staff.
IMPORTANT! To successfully register:
1. Select the number of tickets you need from each field. You may be asked to complete a form.
2. Continue to select additional tickets, if you need them.
3. Go to the very top of the page and CHECK OUT. You MUST CHECK OUT in order to complete your registration.
4. If you have any trouble, please contact RSmith@jewishlearningworks.org for support.
This year, Camp will be held at a new location, Walker Creek Ranch in Petaluma. This will be the same Family Camp you know and love, with some exciting bonus activities that can only happen at Walker Creek.
Vegetarian meals and snacks are provided throughout the weekend, and scholarships are available!
$400 per adult (anyone age 18+)
$300 per youth 4-17
free for children 3 and under.
Scholarship or pay by check:
1. For check or scholarship payments, please add the number of tickets to your cart and complete the registration form to checkout. When you reach the credit card payment page - you may leave the form blank and click "submit" to send your registration through.
2. Scholarships for San Francisco, Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma County residents are available through the SF-based Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund until March 15th.
3. For East Bay residents, scholarships are available through the Jewish Federation of the East Bay and The Jewish Community Foundation. If you are seeking an East Bay scholarship please pre-register through the scholarship / pay by check ticket option and then contact Dr. David Neufeld directly - email@example.com
On the fence? See what these parents have to say:
"Family Camp and Passover are the two Jewish events each year which we truly cherish."
“Family Camp is a great reminder for us that we are not alone. It's a gift to be able to connect with other Jewish families facing similar challenges and know that we are accepted and embraced, regardless of our child's special needs.”
“Family Camp is the only place we can be a "normal" family enjoying a weekend family-camp experience. Our son thrives there in the care of loving volunteers and other parents while being provided with a spiritual education through nature and Jewish thought and teachings. We the parental unit enjoy a most-treasured 48-hour respite from the 24/7 care and attention our son requires.”