On Yom Ha’atsmaut our community comes together to celebrate Israel, making now the perfect time to highlight the Israel education work happening here at Jewish LearningWorks each and every day, all year long.
With the support of generous funders including the Jim Joseph Foundation and the Goldman Fund, we have developed innovative new approaches to Israel education, partnering with educators and schools across Northern California.
That work includes:
- Israel Educators Network – Community of Practice for Israel educators throughout Northern California
- Summer Israel Seminar for Jewish Educators – brings educators to Israel for an intensive two-week seminar to fuel their pedagogy;
- Tractate: Independence – ground-breaking Israel curriculum for teens and young adults. In pilot phase with nine schools (day and synagogue ) here, in Northern California;
- Classic Israeli Tales – curriculum introduces elementary and pre-school aged Americans to Israeli children’s stories;
- Educational exhibits, curricula and resources: Poster Tales, Apartment for Rent, Coexistence, , Tel Aviv Exploration, Theodore Herzl, and more;
- Israel Education e-newsletter – monthly resources for hundreds of Bay Area educators.
To learn more about this work or to take advantage of support, email IVitemberg@Jewishlearningworks.org