Child abuse reporting

In an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.

To report child abuse or suspicion of child abuse,

1. Call the police 24/7

2. If you live outside city limits, call your county sheriff 24/7

3. Call your local Child Protective Services 24/7. To locate the local number, call Child Help at (800) 4-A-CHILD or 800-422-4453.

National resources in the United States

Child Help provides a variety of reporting, counseling and referral services. Call (800) 4-A-CHILD or 800-422-4453 or visit Child Help on line at

RAINN, the National Sexual Abuse Hotline: (800) 656-HOPE or visit the National Abuse and Incest National Network on line at