We are proud to partner on such an important day of learning and professional development. If you work with kids or teens in any capacity, we urge you to gather your colleagues and sign up today.
Jewish Professional Development Day Focusing on Child Sexual Abuse
Wednesday, November 18th 8:30am – 4:00pm
at Peninsula Temple Sholom, 1655 Sebastian Drive, Burlingame
Child sexual abuse occurs in every community. One in four women and one in six men report having been sexually abused before age 18. As Jewish professionals, we encounter children and adults who are impacted by child sexual abuse every day. Guided by our Jewish values, this day will be dedicated to move beyond silence to create a culture of care and action in our community.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY
Beyond Silence will help you:
- Increase your knowledge of child sexual abuse
- Understand legal, ethical and Jewish value-based responsibilities with regard to child sexual abuse
- Know what to do when/if abuse is disclosed or suspected in your Jewish communal setting
- Gain concrete tools for how to talk to survivors, understand what helps survivors disclose and provide Jewish spiritual care
- Implement policies, practices and protocols for preventing and responding to child sexual abuse within the Jewish institutional context
- Be motivated to bring this knowledge back to your organization and to integrate information and training/education within your staff
BeyondSilence@BAJHC.org or (415) 629-9841
Beyond Silence would like to thank the Lisa & John Pritzker Family Fund, the Walter & Elise Haas Fund, and the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties for their generous support.